skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know if I live within the boundaries of Miwok Village Elementary?

During the October 5th meeting, the Elk Grove Unified School District’s Board of Education approved the boundary option Alternative A for our 43rd Elementary School. As a result, if you reside South of Whitelock Parkway, you are within the new boundary for Elk Grove’s newest school, Miwok Village Elementary. More information will soon be provided to those students and families who reside in the newly identified Miwok Village Elementary boundary. If you have a specific boundary question please use our Contact Us page to let us know.

How do I become involved in the planning phase of Miwok Village Elementary School Community?

We are so glad you asked! Right now we are gathering interested parties to be a member of our School Planning Committee. You can join us by emailing our Secretary, Jenn Calton at
The School Planning Committee - This committee is an integral part of building Miwok Village Elementary School and establishing our culture, climate, and relationship to the community for years to come. We will be meeting to discuss the vision for our school, our mission statement, the school start time, colors, mascot, and so much more. We make decisions with the input form our school community and with goal to promote success in every student. We will come together in the next few weeks to highlight our needs and begin putting together a plan for how we would like to address those needs. If you are available to be a part of our committee please email our Secretary, Jenn Calton at
In the coming months we will have many more opportunities to contribute to our school community. These are some of our upcoming committees and their general purpose. As you read through them you are likely to notice a common theme. If any particular committee (or committees) is something you are passionate about or something you are interested in learning more about please let us know by completing the form at the bottom of this page:
Family Engagement Committee - We strive to have every family feel welcomed and be an active part of our school community. With the help of our Family Engagement Committee we will develop an action plan to help us organize, implement and assess our outreach efforts, programs and activities for family engagement. Based on the needs of our school community we will host Family Education Nights on topics of interest, Family Fun Nights to connect our families and students to their community, and many other events to help strengthen our campus climate of humility, joy, kindness, love, courage, and grace. This amazing committee operates with the goal to reach and engage all families to support success in every student.
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) - PBIS is a way of life! It is the fundamental belief that through positive reinforcement we can help children develop life long character traits for success, while also teaching them personal responsibility and self-discipline. PBIS gives staff and students a powerful and effective way to build long-lasting relationships and creates a better learning atmosphere where students are confident and unafraid to make mistakes. PBIS is a departure from the traditional discipline many of us remember from being in school and to be successful we will need input, commitment, fidelity, and buy-in from all stakeholders. Individuals who join our PBIS team will help to drive the initiative forward and make adjustments along the way. Our team will help establish a schoolwide matrix, review data, adjust expectations, and be critical in promoting PBIS to students, staff, and families; creating a campus climate of humility, joy, kindness, love, courage, and grace all while supporting success in every student.
English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) - Our English Language Advisory Committee is to ensure that all voices are being heard at Miwok Village Elementary School. The purpose of the ELAC is to provide parents of English Learners the opportunity to learn more about the programs being offered to their children, to provide input in the most effective ways to support English Learners in all school activities, provide input on the most effective ways to ensure school attendance, and most importantly, to share with us their hopes, dreams, and desires for their student/s so as a school community we can support success in every student.
School Site Council (SSC) - The School Site Council is composed of parents, teachers, other school personal, and a site administrator. The SSC is a dedicated team that seeks input from all stakeholders of the school community and uses the information gathered to identify our common goals. Once our goals are established, our SSC helps develop a plan to achieve those goals. Each member of the School Site Council will share their unique perspective and knowledge of the school community's needs, as they affect all students. The principal and teachers contribute background knowledge in instructional practices, parents provide the insights on how effective the school is working, and our other personnel can share insights on how the school can function to support student learning. By working cooperatively with all stakeholders we can ensure that we are supporting success in every student while creating a campus climate of humility, joy, kindness, love, courage, and grace.
Superintendent's Parent Advisory Committee - Our Superintendent and senior district staff meet with the parent advisory committee several times a year to discuss current topics, issues, and collect feedback. We will select a member of our school community who displays and promotes the Miwok Village Elementary School values of humility, joy, kindness, love, courage, and grace. This community member attends the meetings, along with chosen community members from other elementary school sites, and collects information from the superintendent to bring back to the school, as well as, provides the Superintendent with information from our school community. Elk Grove Unified if a large district and this important committee allows us to remain unified across all 68 schools, containing 6,500 employees, and 64,000 students.
Safe Routes to School Committee - Safe Routes to School is an approach that promotes walking and bicycling to school through infrastructure improvements, enforcement, tools, safety education, and incentives to encourage walking and bicycling to school.
School Spirit Committee - We all know school is serious business, but students with school spirit perform better academically, are more socially and civically engaged, and are happier in general. School spirit is a concept with different meanings to different people and in order to support success and school spirit in every student we need our committee to bring their individual experiences and ideas together and plan events that all students will enjoy participating in. This could include planning and executing seasonal decorations for our school, multi-cultural holiday education and celebrations, lunch-time spirit rallies, celebrating school history, spirit days, and many ideas we haven't even come up with yet. We will focus on developing and maintaining school and community pride through all school events and initiatives, while growing our campus climate of humility, joy, kindness, love, courage, and grace.
Social-Emotional and Academic Learning Team - While this committee is listed last, it is one of the most important. If you have had the opportunity to read all of the committee and team descriptions before this, you have probably gathered our theme of supporting success in every student while developing and growing our school climate of humility, joy, kindness, love, courage, and grace. Our children, staff, and families are currently living through a unique shared experience and while the outcomes of this experience will be different for each individual once thing we have learned is that we to support and strengthen the social emotional experiences of our children, teachers, families, and community. Social Emotional Learning is intended to teach children specific skills like self-awareness, self-management, empathy, perspective taking and cooperation.

Will there be a preschool program at Miwok Village Elementary?

We are excited to announce there will be a preschool program at Miwok Village Elementary. Space is limited, but if you are interest please visit Elk Grove Unified School District's Early Childhood Education webpage. From there you can download the preschool registration packet. Packets can be returned via email to the preschool department or delivered to Ms. Jenn at the Carroll Elementary Office, 10325 Stathos Drive, Elk Grove, CA 95757.
At this time we do not have any site specific information. If/when additional information becomes available we will update this section.

My child currently attends Zehnder Ranch Elementary School but we are in the boundaries for Miwok Village Elementary School, do I need to register to attend Miwok?

If your residence is located within the Miwok Village Elementary School boundaries and you used that address to enroll at Zehnder Ranch Elementary, then you do NOT need to complete a registration packet and you will be automatically enrolled and scheduled at Miwok Village Elementary School.
If you have recently moved within the Miwok Village Elementary School boundaries and your child attends an EGUSD school you will need to update your address. Please bring your new proof of residency into your child's current school office or us the Contact Us feature to set up an appointment with us.

How do I know what track my child/ren are going to be on?

If your child is currently on a track for the 21/22 school year they will transfer to Miwok on the same track. If there are more students than spaces assigned to a track we will contact families based on their registration date to get their alternative track preference. 

Will both of my students be placed on the same track?

Our goal is to always place siblings on the same track. In the event that is not possible we will contact you with available options. 

I want to change my child's track. What is the process to request that?

We have recently emailed home the tentative track information for Miwok Village Elementary Students. If you would like to request a track changeplease click here and complete the Track Change Request Form. There is space on this form for you to include all of your enrolled students information without having to complete separate forms. 

I have a student at Zehnder Ranch who will be in the 5th or 6th grade for the 22/23 school year and I want them to stay at Zehnder Ranch.

All students who live within the Miwok Village Elementary School boundaries have been rolled to our school site for the 22/23 school year. On April 1, 2022 an email will be sent out through ParentVUE from Dr. Boyle. This email will contain the instructions for the grandfathering process. If your student will be in the 5th or 6th grade and you would like to apply for them to remain at the school they are currently attending you will complete the form included in that email and return it to Miwok Village Elementary School. When that letter is released to the public it will also be uploaded to this section. 

Is my child old enough for Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten?

If your child's birthday is between September 2, 2017 and February 2, 2018 they are old enough to enroll into Transitional Kindergarten.
If your child's birthday is between September 1, 2016 and September 1, 2017 they are old enough to enroll into Kindergarten.

What Special Education classes are going to be offered at Miwok Village Elementary School?

If your child currently receives Special Education services through an IEP and you are uncertain if your child should attend Miwok Village Elementary, please reach out to your child's program specialist for assistance. Since each child has different needs addressed through their IEP, you and your child's team will be able collaborate and determine what site/program can meet those needs. 

Are you a year round site?

Miwok Village Elementary is scheduled to be a year round site with A, B, C, and D tracks. At this time, we do not know how many classes and if all tracks will be offered the first year. These numbers are driven by the amount of students who are enrolled when school begins.

What are the school hours?

School hours are still to be determined. This information will be provided to us after the district collaborates with Student Support Services. Once we know our hours we will update this section with that information. 

Will there be a ribbon cutting ceremony or a meet and greet?

There is nothing we would love more than holding a traditional opening ceremony for Miwok Village Elementary School. We want to be deeply rooted in an appreciation for traditions and culture. However, we will be taking guidance form the Sacramento County Department of Public Health regarding events and how/if they are to be held. This section will be updated with additional information as it becomes available. 

Will there be before/after school care?

We are delighted to announce that Catalyst Kids has been awarded the contract to provide services at Miwok Village Elementary.
Catalyst Kids will offer care Before/After/Off Track for TK through 6th grade students.
The interest list opens March 1, 2022.
This page is being updated regularly. Please check back for more information.